Enter legal issue and location
Davenport Mergers, Acquisitions, Contracts Lawyer
Molly O'Meara Schnell is a founding shareholder of Schnell & Hancock, P.C. Molly is originally from Elkader, Iowa. She began her law career with the law firm of Bozeman, Neighbour, Patton and Noe in Moline, Illinois. In 1996 she began the Rock Island law firm of Pappas & Schnell, P.C. Molly resides in Davenport, Iowa with her husband and three children.
About Molly O’Meara Schnell
Current Employment Position(s)
- Managing Partner
- Mergers, Acquisitions, Contracts
- Wills, Trusts, Estate Planning, Probate Law
- Business Law
- Nonprofit Law
- Elder Law
- Iowa, 1989
- Illinois, 1989
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Iowa, 1996
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2006
- American Bar Association, 1989 - Present (Member)
- Iowa State Bar Association, 1989 - Present (Member)
- Illinois State Bar Association, 1989 - Present (Member)
- Scott County Bar Association, 1989 - Present (Member)
- Rock Island County Bar Association, 1989 - Present (Member)
- Iowa Academy of Trust & Estate Counsel, 2012 - Present (Member)
- Quad City Estate Planning Council, Member 1994 - Present; President, 2014
- Leading Lawyers (Member)
Classes and Seminars
- Iowa State Bar Association Annual Tax School, 1992
- Iowa State Bar Association Probate and Trust Law Seminar, 2003
- Iowa State Bar Association Fall Traveling Seminar, 2004
- St. Ambrose University sponsored CLE presentation, 2005
- University of Iowa College of Law Probate Seminar, 2008
- Scott County Bar Association Patricia Rhodes Cepican CLE Series, 2009
- Scott County Bar Association Last Chance Seminar - 2009, 2010 and 2012
- University of Iowa College of Law Trusts & Estates Seminar, 2012
- Edward Jones CPE Seminars, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2012, 2013 and 2014
- Numerous public speaking engagements, most particularly Rock Island Arsenal educational series, multiple per year for multiple years.
- Bozeman, Neighbour, Patton & Noe, 1989 - 1996
- Pappas & Schnell, P.C., 1996 - 2008
- University of Iowa College of Law, Iowa City, Iowa, 1989
Honors: With Distinction
- University of Iowa, Iowa, 1986
Honors: Beta Alpha Psi Accounting Fraternity
5701 Utica Ridge RoadSuite 300 Davenport, IA 52807
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.