Enter legal issue and location
Cleveland Employment Litigation Lawyer
About Dale A. Bernard
Current Employment Position(s)
- Sole Practitioner
- Employment Litigation
- Wrongful Termination
- Employment Discrimination
- Age Discrimination
- Race Discrimination
- Sex Discrimination
- Gender Discrimination
- Pregnancy Discrimination
- Sexual Harassment
- Disability Discrimination
- Handicap Discrimination
- Americans With Disabilities Act
- National Origin Discrimination
- Family And Medical Leave Act
- Religious Discrimination
- LGBTQ Discrimination
- Sexual Orientation Discrimination
- Public Accommodation Discrimination
- Employment Termination
- Employment Civil Rights
- Employment Claims
- Employment Law
- Employment Mediation
- Employment Rights
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission Law
- EEOC Law
- Ohio Civil Rights Commission Law
- OCRC Law
- Employment at Will
- Executive Employment Law
- Executive Severance Contracts
- Title VII Discrimination
- Employment Contracts
- Severance Packages
- Business Litigation
- Business and Commercial Disputes
- Contract Litigation
- Breach Of Contract
- Real Estate Litigation
- Insurance Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Automobile Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Truck Accidents
- Head Injury
- Spinal Injury
- Slip, Trip And Fall
- Dog Bites
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Bryson v. Middlefield Volunteer Fire Dep't, Inc., 656 F.3d 348 (6th Cir. 2011)(reversal of summary judgment in sexual harassment case)
- Carter v. Meggitt Aircraft Braking Systems Corporation, No. 5:10 CV 2230 (N.D. Ohio March 28, 2013 (denial of summary judgment in race discrimination case)
- Lamer v. Metadyne Co. LLC, 240 Fed. Appx. 22 (6th Cir. 2007)(reversal of summary judgment in retaliation case)
- Gorbett v. OS Restaurant Services, Inc., No. 1:07 CV 2448, 2009 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 128032, 2009 WL 10717142 (N.D. Ohio July 10, 2009)(denial of summary judgment in sexual harassment case)
- Kanakaredes v. Ouidad, Inc., No. 5:03 CV 2451, 2005 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 58771 (N.D. Ohio June 20, 2005)(right of publicity case)
- Zackaroff v. Koch Transfer Co., 862 F.2d 1263 (6th Cir. 1988)(wrongful death action)
- Michaels Bldg. Co. v. Ameritrust Co., 848 F.2d 674 (6th Cir. 1988)(reversal of dismissal of RICO and fraud claims)
- Aames Capital Corp. v. Wells, 1999 Ohio App. LEXIS 3521 (Aug. 4, 1999), Summit App. No. 19402 (reversal of default judgment)
- Simpson v. Westview Patio & Home Assoc. #1, 1993 Ohio App. LEXIS 608 (Ohio Ct. App., Cuyahoga County Feb. 4, 1993) (obtained affirmance of judgment obtained)
- Michaels Bldg. Co. v. Cardinal Federal Sav. and Loan Bank, 561 N.E.2d 1015, 1988, Ohio App. 8 Dist., 1990158078
- Ohio, 1984
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1985
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio, 1985
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio, 2003
- National Employment Lawyers Association (NELA) (Member)
- American Association for Justice (formerly Association of Trial Lawyers of America [ATLA]) (Member, Employment Rights Section)
- Ohio Employment Lawyers Association
Classes and Seminars
- Speaker: Cleveland Bar Association Annual Northern Ohio Labor and Employment Law Conference
- Cleveland State University, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Cleveland, Ohio, 1984
- Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, 1981
Honors: President's Scholar, Ohio Newspaper Fund Award
Crown Centre BuildingSuite 6005005 Rockside Road Cleveland, OH 44131- 6808
Other Sources of Feedback About Dale A. Bernard
Included on the 2010 Ohio list
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.