Shreveport Appellate Practice Lawyer
Kenny, a Board Certified Family Law Specialist since 2004, associated with the firm in 1991 and then, in 1995, became a shareholder.
Born in 1964 in Lake Charles, Louisiana, Kenny graduated from Sam Houston High School in Moss Bluff, Louisiana, in 1982. He then attended Louisiana College in Pineville, Louisiana, where he earned a B.S. in public administration in 1986. In 1989, he graduated from law school at Paul M. Hebert Law Center at Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge. In 2017, Kenny became board certified in a second Specialty, Appellate Practice.
Kenny is one of only seven lawyers in the state of Louisiana to be Board Certified in Appellate Practice and the only lawyer in the state of Louisiana to be certified in both Family Law and Appellate Practice.
After graduation, he was law clerk to the Honorable Pike Hall, Jr., Chief Judge of the Second Circuit Court of Appeal, as well as when Justice Hall became an Associate Justice at the Louisiana Supreme Court. In 2017, Kenny was accepted and listed in Who’s Who in American Law. Currently, Kenny is a member of the Shreveport, Louisiana, and American Bar Associations in addition to the Harry V. Booth Inn of Court.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.