Enter legal issue and location
NA Employment Law Firm
- Law Firm Info
- Go through email verification, and reviewers must verify their email addresses.
- Can be confirmed and flagged as a verified client by law firms.
- Can be reported and subjected to removal if they violate FindLaw.com's Terms of Service.
Click here to view our Terms of Service.
About Scott D. Wilson
Previous Law Firm Name
- Scott D. Wilson, A Professional Law Corporation
- Personal Injury
- American Jurisprudence Award, Civil Law System
- American Indian Fellowship
- Tort Liability for Wrongful Discharge in Louisiana, 45 Louisiana Bar Journal 254, October, 1997
Classes and Seminars
- Graduate Instructor - Weekly Seminars in Creative Writing and Literature, University of California at Berkeley School of Law
- Fundamental Issues in Human Resources Law, National Business Institute
- Employee Handbooks in Louisiana: Drafting & Enforcing Sound Procedures & Policies, National Business Institute
- Counseling the Small Business Client in Louisiana, National Business Institute
- Employee Privacy Rights in the Louisiana Workplace, National Business Institute
- Basic Wage and Hour Law in Louisiana, National Business Institute
- Selecting and Terminating Employees in Louisiana, National Business Institute
- Scott D. Wilson (Sole Practitioner)
Offers Free Initial Consultation
N/A NA, LA N/A
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.