Enter legal issue and location
Nederland Business Law Lawyer
Jesse Branick is a lawyer with over 30 years experience. He has served as prosecutor for the cities of Nederland, Port Neches, Groves, and Port Arthur, he also represents families in the areas of Wills/Probate, Adoptions, Real Estate, Personal Injury, and Business Law.
Jesse is now Of Counsel.
About Jesse Branick
Current Employment Position(s)
- Of Counsel
- Business Law
- Real Estate
- Personal Injury
- Wills and Adoptions
- Texas, 1989
- NISD School Board Trustee, President, Vice President and Secretary College of State Bar of Texas 1997, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2008, 2009 to present
- Jefferson County Bar Association, (2010-2011 - President)
- Jefferson County Bar Association (2009 -2010 – President Elect)
- Jefferson County Bar Association (2008-2009 – Vice President)
- Jefferson County Bar Association (2007-2008 – Treasurer)
- Jefferson County Bar Association (2000 to 2002, 2005 to 2006 – Board of Directors)
- United Methodist Temple - Trustee; Finance Committee; Sunday School Superintendent; Education Committee; Administrative Board; Asbury Sunday School Class Vice-President and President, Teacher, 1998 to present
- Nederland Girls’ Softball Team Manager and Coach, 2001 to 2007
- Krewe of Les Trois Ville, Captain/President, 1999-2002
- Coastal Conservation Association (Beaumont Chapter), Board of Directors, 1993-1999
- Nederland I.S.D. Task Force Team Member for bond referendum, 1997
- Dispute Resolution Center of Jefferson County, Board of Directors, 1990-1994
- Port Arthur Bar Association, President 1993; Vice-President 1992; Secretary-Treasurer 1991
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Past Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Jefferson County Bar Association
- Past Member, Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- Past Member, American Trial Lawyers Association
- South Texas College of Law, S.E. Texas Alumni Association President, 1995
- United Community Services, Board of Directors, Assistant Chairman and team member, 1979-1984
- Texaco Employees Recreation Association; Chairman, Saltwater Fishing Association, 1982, 1983
- Port Arthur and Beaumont Jaycees, 1968-1974
- Director of Beaumont Jaycees, 1974
- BRANICK, WALSTON & DEVENZIO BRANICK LAW FIRM BRANICK & WALSTON, Partner
- CITY OF PORT ARTHUR - City Prosecutor
- CITY OF GROVES - City Prosecutor
- CITY OF PORT NECHES - City Prosecutor
- MAGISTRATE JUDGE – Mental Hearings for Jefferson County
- CITY OF NEDERLAND - City Attorney
- CITY OF NEDERLAND City Prosecutor
- PROVOST * UMPHREY LAW FIRM, L.L.P., Areas of Practice: Personal Injury, Consumer and Business Law, Contracts and Real Estate
- PROVOST, SHELDON, STEELE, HUGHES, GIBLIN, BRANICK & WIMBERLEY, Associate, Areas of Practice: Business Law, Contracts, Real Estate, Personal Injury, Family & Criminal Law
- LAMAR UNIVERSITY , Adjunct Professor, Paralegal Institute; Legal Research and Writing
- UMPHREY, SWEARINGEN, EDDINS & CARVER, Summer Law Clerk, drafting pleadings, motions and legal memoranda; reviewing files, ADR interviews, research
- TEXACO, INC., International Purchasing Department - purchasing approximately $26 million/year
- TEXACO, INC., Cost Accountant/Shipping Expert/Buyer
- FIRST TEXAS SAVINGS, Loan Officer, Head of Installment Loan Department
- SABINE NATIONAL BANK, Officer Trainee, Head Commercial Teller, Worked in all departments part-time while in high school or college.
- South Texas College of Law Houston, Houston, Texas
- Lamar University, Beaumont, Texas
- Thomas Jefferson High School, Port Arthur, Texas
- Richard Hughes- Attorney- McPherson, Hughes, Bradley, Wimberley Steele and Chatelain
- Andre Wimer-City Manager
- Val Tizeno-City Attorney
- Dee Sosa-City Manager
- James Black-City Attorney
- Judge Gary Sanderson-60th Judicial District Court, Jefferson County
- Judge Ron Walker-County Judge-Jefferson County Courthouse
- Judge Al Gerson-County Court at Law #1-Jefferson County
- Judge Lupe Flores-County Court at Law #2-Jefferson County
221 Hwy. 69 S.Suite 100 Nederland, TX 77627- 7220
- Dean’s Citizenship Award, 1989
- STCL Board of Governors Award, 1989
- Who’s Who, 1988 and 1989
- STCL Full Scholarship, 1989
- American Jurisprudence Award, Admiralty, 1988
- Dean’s Honor List, 1988
- President’s Merit Award, 1988
- Negotiation Competition, Quarter Finalist, 1988
- Alpha Tau Omega Fraternity, Thomas Arkle Award for “Outstanding Senior”, 1973
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.