Enter legal issue and location
Cambridge Civil Litigation Law Firm
About Edward R. Wiest, P.C.
- Civil Litigation
- Business Litigation
- Commecial Litigation
- Antitrust Law
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Managing Editor, Harvard Journal on Legislation, Vol. 16, 1978-1979
- "Selected Ethical Issues in the Representation of Closely-Held Corporations, Litigating Fraud and Mismanagement Disputes" (Co-Author), Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, 1995
- Note, "Pricing Bad Blood: Reassessing Liablility for Post-Transfusion Hepatitis", 15 Harvard Journal on Legislation 557, 1978
- "Legal Corner", Registered Representative, September, 1997
- "Legal Corner", Registered Representative, May and October, 1998
- "Legal Corner", Registered Representative, March and April, 1999
- "NASD Data Now Just a Click Away on the World Wide Web", Massachusetts Bar Association, Section Review, July, 1999
Classes and Seminars
- Adjunct Professor of Law, New England School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts, 1988 - 1994
- Troy v. Bay State Computer Group, 141 F.3d 378 (First Circuit 1998)
- McAndrews v. Fleet Bank, 989 F.2d 13 (1st Cir. 1993)
- PNH Corp. v. Hullquist Corp., 843 F.2d 586 (1st Cir. 1988)
- Equipment & Sys. for Industry v. Zevetchin, 864 F.Supp. 253 (D. Mass. 1994)
- Winter Panel Corp. v. Reichhold Chemicals, Inc., 823 F. Supp. 963 (D. Mass. 1993)
- Travelers Rental Co., Inc. v. Ford Motor Co., 116 F.R.D. 140 (D. Mass. 1987)
- McEneaney v. Chestnut Hill Realty Corp., 38 Mass. App. Ct. 573, 650 N.E.2d 93 (Mass. App. Ct. 1995)
- Keigan v. Goode, 28 Mass. App. Ct. 775, 556 N.E.2d 118 (Mass. App. Ct. 1990)
- Edward R. Wiest (Sole Practitioner)
81 Dana Street Cambridge, MA 02138- 4310
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our West Legal Directory disclaimers. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.