Enter legal issue and location
Anchorage Personal Injury -- Defense Lawyer
About Laura L. Farley
Current Employment Position(s)
- Personal Injury -- Defense
- Animal Bites -- Defense
- Assault & Battery -- Defense
- Aviation Accidents -- Defense
- Bad Faith
- Commercial Insurance
- Complex Litigation
- Defamation & Privacy -- Defense
- Employment Discrimination -- Employer
- Federal Trial Practice
- Insurance Malpractice
- Jones Act
- Medical Malpractice -- Defense
- Motor Vehicle
- Motor Vehicle Accidents -- Defense
- Premises Liability -- Defense
- Property & Casualty
- Property Damage -- Defense
- Railroad Accidents -- Defense
- Sexual Harassment -- Employer
- Slip and Fall -- Defense
- State Trial Practice
- Wage & Hour Laws -- Employer
- Wrongful Death -- Defense
- Wrongful Termination -- Employer
- Alaska, 1992
- U.S. District Court District of Alaska, 1992
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1992
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2007
- Alaska Bar Association, 2000 - Present (Fee Arbitrator)
- Defense Research Institute, 2000 - Present
- State Representative, 2002 - 2004
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), 2005 - Present (Associate Member)
- Alaska Bar Association, 2012 - Present (Board of Governors, Member)
Classes and Seminars
- Ethics at the 11th Hour, Alaska Bar Association, December 13, 2007
- Insurance Law: Third Party Coverage in Alaska, National Business Institute, June 30, 2004
- Insurance Ethical Dilemmas, Chartered Property & Casualty Underwriters (CPCU) - Alaska Chapter, April 15, 2004
- Challenges in Alaska Insurance Coverage Litigation, National Business Institute, December 2, 2003
- Emerging State and Federal Issues: Preparing for Future Employment Law Challenges, Council on Education in Management, December 4, 2002
- Alaska Law Update as it Relates to Maritime Issues and Insurance Issues, Marine Insurance Association of Seattle, June 8, 2000
- Impact of Employment Law on Traditional Maritime Claims, Marine Insurance Association of Seattle, February 25, 1999
- Peculiarities in Alaska Law Which Affect Claims Handling, Puget Sound Maritime Claims Association, May 28, 1998
- University of Puget Sound School of Law, Tacoma, Washington, 1992
Honors: cum laude
- Whitman College, Walla Walla, WA
Major: Political Science
- National Institute for Trial Advocacy (NITA), 1994
Fraternities and Sororities
- Delta Delta Delta
807 G StreetSuite 250 Anchorage, AK 99501- 3466
Other Sources of Feedback About Laura L. Farley
Included on the 2023 Alaska list
- 2022 Alaska Super Lawyers list
- 2021 Alaska Super Lawyers list
- 2020 Alaska Super Lawyers list
- 2019 Alaska Super Lawyers list
- 2018 Alaska Super Lawyers list
- 2017 Alaska Super Lawyers list
- 2016 Alaska Super Lawyers list
- 2015 Alaska Super Lawyers list
- 2014 Alaska Super Lawyers list
- 2013 Alaska Super Lawyers list
- 2012 Alaska Super Lawyers list
- 2011 Alaska Super Lawyers list
- 2010 Alaska Super Lawyers list
- 2009 Alaska Super Lawyers list
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.