Chico Estate Planning Law Firm
The Law Firm of John C. Schaller was founded in 1971 and currently has two offices. The main office is located in Chico, California, with an additional office in Graeagle.
My firm is a full service law firm, representing and advising clients in the areas of trusts and estates, contracts, corporations law, estate and trust litigation, real property, elder law.
I possess high academic credentials, maintain strong community ties, am committed to the pursuit of excellence, communicate effectively, and demonstrate the strictest personal and professional ethics as well as the utmost concern for my clients.
I provide services in a timely, client-oriented manner in an ethical, friendly, and professional environment. My approach focuses on each client's background, needs, and goals. I am committed to responding promptly to telephone calls and to reporting on cases regularly.
My dedication to quality, understanding of the law, trust, and respect are the foundation for my long-standing relationships with clients and the community.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.