Enter legal issue and location
Wilmington Child Custody Law Firm
When facing the complex and emotionally charged process of divorce, it is important to have an attorney whose practice is devoted to marital and family law who cares as much as you do about the outcome of your case. Joseph Wahl is recognized as a leader in family law throughout New Castle County Delaware. Joe dedicates his entire practice to divorce and related issues, with a strong focus on complex child custody matters. Joe represents clients in a broad range of matters involving divorce, division of real estate and marital assets, alimony, child custody, mediation, settlement, prenuptial agreements, post-marital agreements and litigation.
Because of the increasing complexity of family law cases — as well as fast-paced changes in the law — such matters should be handled by an attorney with proficiency in this area by having handled a sufficient number of cases with varying degrees of complexity. Joe has been practicing exclusively in the field of family law in Delaware since 1995.
Joe has nearly 20 years of experience vigorously protecting his clients' rights while providing guidance and insight in a supportive environment. Joe prides himself on being accessible to his clients and communicating with them on a regular and timely basis. Clearly, there are few times in an individual's life as stressful as the termination of the marital relationship or a child custody battle. Joe’s availability underscores his attentiveness to his client's needs, which is of primary importance in family law cases. His clients include Delaware business owners, doctors, lawyers, dentists and other professionals.
He understands how to be aggressive when circumstances demand it, but he also knows that divorce issues are often best settled through reasoned negotiation. His goal is to find beneficial solutions that meet the needs of everyone involved, while allowing the parties to save future time and money by anticipating the changing needs of the family.
Joe is frequently able to assist clients in avoiding the uncertainty and expense of a courtroom battle by negotiating favorable out-of-court solutions. However, if the other side is unwilling to agree to a fair settlement, Joe is always prepared to defend his clients' best interests at trial.
Protect your future, your family and your property. Call Wahl Family Law at 302-658-2834 to arrange an initial consultation.
Joe's practice areas are set forth below.
Child Custody and Visitation
Domestic Violence/Protection From Abuse
Division of Marital Property
Same Sex Divorce
- Law Firm Info
- Go through email verification, and reviewers must verify their email addresses.
- Can be confirmed and flagged as a verified client by law firms.
- Can be reported and subjected to removal if they violate FindLaw.com's Terms of Service.
Click here to view our Terms of Service.
About Wahl Family Law
Previous Law Firm Name
- Law Offices of Joseph A. Wahl
- Child Custody 50%
- Divorce and other family law practice
- Custody & Visitaion
- Protection from Abuse (PFA)
Pro Bono Activities
- Delaware Domestic Violence Project, 2000 - Present
- Joseph A. Wahl (Sole Practitioner)
- Sharon, Office Manager
- Christina, Paralegal
Accepts Credit Cards
WSFS Building, Fairfax Center2005 Concord Pike, Suite 203 Wilmington, DE 19803- 2982
8:00 a.m. -5:00 p.m. M-F
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.