Enter legal issue and location
East Lansing Business Services Law Firm
325 East Grand River City Center Suite 250 East Lansing, MI 48823
- (517) 333-6694
Plunkett Cooney, P.C. 221 North LaSalle Street Suite 1550 Chicago, IL 60601 (312) 670-6900
Plunkett Cooney, P.C. Bridgewater Place 333 Bridge NorthWest Suite 530 Grand Rapids, MI 49504 (616) 752-4600
Plunkett Cooney, P.C. 950 Trade Centre Way Suite 310 Kalamazoo, MI 49002 (269) 382-5935
Plunkett Cooney, P.C. Plaza One Financial Center 111 East Court Street Suite 1B Flint, MI 48502 (810) 232-5100
Plunkett Cooney, P.C. 150 West Jefferson Suite 800 Detroit, MI 48226 (313) 965-3900
Plunkett Cooney, P.C. 10 South Main Suite 400 Mt. Clemens, MI 48043 (586) 465-7000
Plunkett Cooney, P.C. 406 Bay Street Suite 300 Petoskey, MI 49770 (231) 347-1200
Plunkett Cooney, P.C. (Main Office) 38505 Woodward Avenue Suite 100 Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304 (248) 901-4000
Plunkett Cooney, P.C. 300 North Meridian Suite 990 Indianapolis, IN 46204 (317) 974-5744
Plunkett Cooney, P.C. 715 West Washington Street Suite F-1 Marquette, MI 49855 (906) 458-5202
Plunkett Cooney, P.C. 300 East Broad Street Suite 590 Columbus, OH 43215 (614) 629-3000
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our West Legal Directory disclaimers. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.