Enter legal issue and location
Over the course of his legal career, Bob has built a reputation as one of the Pacific Northwest's leading trial attorneys...
Over the course of his legal career, Bob has built a reputation as one of the Pacific Northwest's leading trial attorneys...For 40 years, Bob McGaughey has focused his practice on representing clients in securities & investment lawsuits, business break-up litigation, shareholder derivative lawsuits, LLC member disputes and cases involving a breach of fiduciary duty.
Over the course of his legal career, Bob has built a reputation as one of the Pacific Northwest's leading trial attorneys. His reputation, along with the respect of his clients and his peers, has earned him a number of honors, including inclusion in Oregon Superlawyers and an AV Preeminent peer review rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
Bob grew up in Cambridge, MA and moved to Oregon 40+ years ago. He enjoys travel, golf, film, reading and spending time with his family.
ARBITRATOR & MEDIATOR
Bob has served as an arbitrator and/or mediator in more than 200 disputes through various organizations including the Arbitration Service of Portland, American Arbitration Association, the Oregon Court of Appeals Settlement Program, the National Association of Securities Dealers, Inc., the Multnomah County Circuit Court Arbitration Program, the Oregon State Bar Fee Arbitration Program and the National Futures Association.
Speaker at programs sponsored by the Oregon State Bar, OSB Professional Liability Fund, Northwest Securities Institute, Oregon Law Institute, Oregon Securities Regulation Section, Internal Revenue Service, Institute for Paralegal Education, Oregon Legal Secretaries Association, Lorman, National Business Institute and other organizations.
Linfield College, McMinnville: Oregon: Part-time Business Law Instructor, (2000-04)
Bassist College, Portland, Oregon: Part-time Business Law Instructor, (1989-96)
- Law Firm Info
- Go through email verification, and reviewers must verify their email addresses.
- Can be confirmed and flagged as a verified client by law firms.
- Can be reported and subjected to removal if they violate FindLaw.com's Terms of Service.
Click here to view our Terms of Service.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.