Enter legal issue and location
Toledo Employment Law - Employee Law Firm
I started my own practice in 1987 after serving four years as an attorney in the U.S. Army JAG Corps and a one year stint with the Rudnick and Wolfe Law Firm (now DLA Piper) in Chicago. I primarily practice Employment Law, Employment Discrimination, Wrongful Discharge, and Defamation, in both State and Federal Courts. I serve Toledo and the surrounding areas ranging from Fulton and Williams Counties to Sandusky, Marion, and Lima.
About Thomas A. Sobecki, Attorney at Law
- English (Primary)
- Employment Law - Employee
- Labor Law
- Civil Rights
- Criminal Law
- Military Law
- Military Lawyer, United States Army Reserve, (Colonel, Retired)
Accepts Credit Cards
405 Madison Ave. Suite 910 Toledo, OH 43604
- (419) 242-9937
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our West Legal Directory disclaimers. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.