Enter legal issue and location
Lyne Ranson - Charleston, WV
1528 Kanawha Blvd., East Charleston, WV 25311
Lyne Ranson Law Offices, PLLC
Charleston Family Law Lawyer
About Lyne Ranson
Current Employment Position(s)
- Family Law 100%
- Child Support
- Custody & Visitation
- Mediation for Family Law
- West Virginia, 1982
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 1982
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (Fellow)
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section (Council and CLE-Co-Chair)
- West Virginia State Bar, Family Law Committee (Chair)
- Kanawha County Family Law Bench-Bar Committee (Chair)
- AAML (Board of Governors)
- AAML (Chair, Chapter Leaders)
- AAML (Vice Chair, Membership Committee)
- ABA, Family Law Section (Chair Elect)
- ABA, Family Law Section (Former CLE Co-Chair)
- ABA, Family Law Section (Former Council member)
- ABA, Family Law Section (Former Chair, Alimony Committee)
- ABA, Family Law Section (Former Chair, Marital Property Committee)
- ABA, Family Law Section (Former Finance Committee)
- ABA, Family Law Section (Former Nominating Committee)
- ABA, Family Law Section (Trial Advocacy Institute Instructor)
- West Virginia State Family Law Bar, 2010 - Present (Chair)
- Kanawha County Family Law Bench-Bar Committee, 2011 - Present (Chair)
Classes and Seminars
- Family Law Institute (Morgantown, WV), "New trends in alimony" (September 2005)
- ABA Family Law CLE (Scottsdale, AZ) , "Top 5 Tips" (Oct. 2007)
- WVU College of Law CLE family law (Morgantown) , "Building an Alimony Case from Scratch" (August 2008)
- NBI — Family Law Program (Charleston, WV) , "Navigating Complex Asset Cases" (January 2009)
- NBI -- Family Law (Charleston, WV), "Determining an Equitable Outcome" (July 2009)
- ABA CLE (Montreal, Canada) , "Taking the family out of the Family Business" (October 2009)
- WV Trial Lawyers Association (Charleston, WV), "What happens when your personal injury client files for divorce" (February 2010)
- NBI Family Law Program (Charleston, WV), "Dissipation of Marital Property" (September 2011)
- National CLE Conference LEI (Colorado) — Family Law CLE , "5 Ways to attack a Prenuptial Agreement" (January 2012)
- WV State Bar Bridge the Gap presentation on Family Law , (Feb 2019)
- WV State Bar presentation on “Mediation in Family Law” , (July 2019)
- Colorado LEI presentation on “Toxic Clients” , (January 2020)
- Trial Advocacy Skills Course Instructor, West Virginia College of Law, (from beginning of summer Trial Ad course until it ceased)
- University of Charleston, Paralegal Instructor, 1988 to Present
- West Virginia University College of Law, Morgantown, West Virginia, 1982
Honors: Order of the Barristers
Honors: Named to Moot Court Board
Honors: Selected as "Outstanding Trial Advocate"
- Salem College, Salem, West Virginia, 1974
Honors: magna cum laude
- Harvard Law Negotiation Course with Professor Roger Fisher (2002)
- Mediation Family Law Course West Virginia (1998)
- Mediation Family Law Course Florida 2001
Fraternities and Sororities
- Phi Delta Phi
Accepts Credit Cards
1528 Kanawha Blvd., East Charleston, WV 25311
Other Sources of Feedback About Lyne Ranson
Included on the 2023 West Virginia list
- 2022 West Virginia Super Lawyers list
- 2021 West Virginia Super Lawyers list
- Special Achievement Award, U.S. Department of Justice
- Super Lawyers
- Top Family Law Attorneys
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
Lyne is the Best!! She guided me through my divorce with answer to all my questions
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.