Enter legal issue and location
Canton Personal Injury Law Firm
Based in Madison County, near the geographic center of the state, our practice extends primarily from the Gulf Coast to the Tennessee state line and is essentially a statewide law practice, although opportunities occasionally present themselves for handling or advising on legal matters occurring outside Mississippi, particularly in the public utility field. Our attorneys have practiced together for over twenty years and have nearly one hundred years of combined legal experience among them. Our long and stable record of excellent legal representation ensures that we are able to meet our clients’ needs and expectations in a broad range of legal services. Mr. Herring and Mr. Crews have established a legitimate and known speciality in legal matters involving public utilities. Mr. Herring is attorney for the Mississippi Rural Water Association, Inc., and numerous public utilities which bring him in contact with similar organizations, nationwide. Mr. Long has established an extensive real estate and collections practice and has significant expertise in obth fields. Both Mr. Long and Mr. Crews do a significant amount of work in the domestic relations field.
About Herring, Long & Crews, P.C.
Previous Law Firm Name
- Herring, Long & Ward
- Herring, Long & Joiner
- Herring, Long & Crews, P.C.
- Personal Injury
- Family Law
- Mr. Herring - Master of Laws, Mississippi College Law School, - 2012
Offers Free Initial Consultation
Accepts Credit Cards
129 East Peace Street Canton, MS 39046
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.