Enter legal issue and location
Topsham Union Representation Lawyer
After 49 years of legal practice I decided to join Maine's premier labor law firm as "of counsel." I will continue to assist Maine unions and workers in workers' compensation, labor, and employment disputes.
About Howard T. Reben
Current Employment Position(s)
- of counsel
- Union Representation
- Complex Negotiation
- Personal Injury
- General Counsel Local 340 International Brotherhood of Teamsters (for over 30 years)
- U.S. District Court District of Maine
- U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit
- Maine Employment Lawyers Association (Vice President for 7 years)
- Maine Trial Lawyers
- Maine Bar Association
4 Union ParkP.O. Box 5000 Topsham, ME 04086- 5000
Other Sources of Feedback About Howard T. Reben
Included on the 2017 New England list
- 2016 New England Super Lawyers list
- 2015 New England Super Lawyers list
- 2014 New England Super Lawyers list
- 2013 New England Super Lawyers list
- 2012 New England Super Lawyers list
- 2011 New England Super Lawyers list
- 2010 New England Super Lawyers list
- 2009 New England Super Lawyers list
- 2008 New England Super Lawyers list
- 2007 New England Super Lawyers list
- Best Lawyers in America, each year for 30 years, 1990 - Present
- Southern Maine Labor Council – Working Class Hero. Labor Day, September 2, 2019
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.