Enter legal issue and location
Kansas City Employment Law - Employee Law Firm
About Carter Law Offices
Previous Law Firm Name
- Law Offices of Douglas L. Carter, P.C.
- Employment Law - Employee
Offers Free Initial Consultation
Accepts Credit Cards
2345 Grand Blvd.Suite 1675 Kansas City, MO 64108
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
Recommends this Law Firm
Doug, Tina, and Jon were flat out awesome! I highly recommend this firm! Everyone was professional and they kept me informed along the way. They gave me the information I needed to make an informed, confident decision in regards to the lawsuit and they made quickwork of it. I'm afraid if I would've hired someone else I wouldn't have received the settlement my family and I deserved. Again, I HIGHLY recommend this firm. Thanks again Carter crew!
Recommends this Law Firm
Very knowledgeable understanding group. The whole office was great, My son is special needs and Jon made sure He understood everything going on with his case the whole time You don't find that kind of caring and empathy these days. I highly recommend this law firm for any of your needs.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.