Enter legal issue and location
Santa Fe Estate Planning, Trusts and Probate Law Firm
- Law Firm Info
- Go through email verification, and reviewers must verify their email addresses.
- Can be confirmed and flagged as a verified client by law firms.
- Can be reported and subjected to removal if they violate FindLaw.com's Terms of Service.
Click here to view our Terms of Service.
About Law Office of Karen Aubrey
Previous Law Firm Name
- Kellahin, Kellahin & Aubrey, 1984
- Estate Planning, Trusts and Probate
- Oil and Gas Law
- Real Estate Transactions
- Corporations, LLCs and Partnerships
- Paul Harris Fellow, 2005
Classes and Seminars
- New Mexico Title Law, National Business Institute, May 12, 2009 - Present
- Land Interests and Possession from A to Z, National Business Institute, November 17, 2008 - Present
- Planning for Real Property in Estate Planning and Administration, National Business Institute, August 6, 2008 - Present
- Oil, Gas and Mineral Law, Halfmoon, 2009 - Present
Pro Bono Activities
- New Mexico Episcopal Diocese of the Rio Grande, Chancellor, 2011 - Present
- Schwartz v. Coastal Physicians Group Inc., 1999 U.S. App Lexix 01247 (10th Cir. 1999)
- Swartz v. AMA, 23 F. Supp. 1271 (US Dist. Court 1998)
- Otero v. Buslee, 695 F.2d 1244 (1982)
- Hernandez v. O'Newal Motors, Inc., 480 F. Supp. 491 (1979)
- Devlin v. State, 108 N.M. 72 (NM Sup. Ct. 1988)
- Tenneco Oil Co. v. New Mexico Water Quality Control Comm'n, 107 N.M. 469, 760 P.2d 161 (1987)
- Tenneco Oil Co. V. New Mexico Water Quality Control Comm'n, 105 N.M. 708, 736 P.2d 986 (1986)
- State v. Druke, 115 Ariz. 224, 564 P.2d 913 (1977)
- The Anderson Living Trust, et al. v. XTO Energy, Inc., No. 13-CV-00941 SWS/KK (U.S.D.Ct. (D.N.M.) )
- The Anderson Living Trust, et al. v. WPX Energy Production, LLC, No. 12-CV-00040 JB/WPL (U.S.D.Ct. (D.N.M.) )
- The Anderson Living Trust, et al. v. Energen Resources Corporation, No. 13-CV-00909 WJ/CG (U.S.D.Ct. (D.N.M.) )
- The Anderson Living Trust, et al. v. ConocoPhillips Co., LLC, No. 12-CV-00039 JB-SCY (U.S.D.Ct. (D.N.M.) )
- Citizen's Bank, NA, Sante Fe, NM
- Pamela Goldsborough, Legal Assistant
Accepts Credit Cards
320 Paseo De PeraltaSuite A, P.O. Box 8435 Santa Fe, NM 87504
Monday - Friday 8:30 - 5:00
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.