Enter legal issue and location
Marshalltown General Practice Lawyer
About Allen E. Brennecke
Current Employment Position(s)
- Of Counsel
- General Practice
- Agricultural Law
- Business Law
- Real Estate
- Wills, Trusts, Estate Planning and Probate Law
- Iowa, 1961
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Iowa, 1979
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Iowa, 1979
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 1977
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit, 1967
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1977
- Marshall County Bar Association, 1971 - 1972 (President)
- Iowa State Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section, 1970 - 1971 (President)
- Iowa State Bar Association, 1970 - 1971 (Member, Board of Governors)
- Iowa State Bar Association, 1988 - 1991 (Member, Board of Governors)
- Iowa State Bar Association, 1990 - 1991 (President)
- American Bar Association, 1982 - 1986 (Member, Board of Governors)
- American Bar Association, 1984 - 1986 (Chairman House of Delegates)
- American Arbitration Association, 1985 - Present (Panelist: Commercial Arbitration Panel)
- American Arbitration Association, 1995 - Present (Panelist: Mediation Panel)
- University of Iowa College of Law, Iowa City, Iowa, 1961
- University of Iowa, 1959
Fraternities and Sororities
- Phi Delta Phi
Accepts Credit Cards
- Taxpayer's Undeveloped Muscle -- The Refund Suit, 47 Notre Dame Lawyer, 304
- Co-Author: Deferred Sale of Contracts By Cash Basis Farmers, 65 American Bar Association Journal, 832, 1979
302 Masonic Temple Building26 South 1st AvenueP.O. Box 618 Marshalltown, IA 50158- 0618
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.