Enter legal issue and location
Manteo Real Estate Lawyer
About Dwight H. Wheless (1940-2017)
- Real Estate
- Corporate Law
- Municipal Law
- Estate Administration / Probate
- North Carolina, 1967
- North Carolina Bar Association (Member)
- American Bar Association (Member)
- First Judicial District, 1976 - 1977 (President)
- North Carolina State Bar (Member)
- North Carolina Association of County Attorneys, 1990 - 1991 (President)
- North Carolina Association of County Attorneys, 1989 - 1990 (First Vice President)
- Columbia, N.C. (Town Attorney)
- The Albemarle Commission and Albemarle Regional Solid Waste Management Authority (Attorney)
- Dare County, County Attorney, 1972 - 1993
- North Carolina Wing, Civil Air Patrol (USAF Auxiliary), Wing Commander, 1989 - 1994
- United States Civil Air Patrol (USAF Auxiliary), National Legal Officer / National Commander, 1994 - 1997
- University of North Carolina School of Law, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, 1967
Honors: President, Student Bar Association, 1966 - 1967
Honors: Member, Order of the Golden Fleece
Honors: Recipient, ALSA Silver Service Award
- University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, 1963
Fraternities and Sororities
- Phi Alpha Delta
101 South Hwy. 64/264P.O. Box 500 Manteo, NC 27954- 1500
- (252) 796-5501
- Named Outstanding County Attorney by North Carolina County Commissioners, 1977 - 1978
- Named Outstanding County Attorney by North Carolina County Commissioners, 1990 - 1991
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.