Louisburg Criminal Litigation Law Firm
With roots in the community that date back to the 1930's, the law firm of Davis, Sturges & Tomlinson, Attorneys at Law, enjoys a long history of success in the courtroom, respect from our legal peers and satisfaction from our clients. Our current partners have provided personalized and aggressive representation with a foundation of extensive legal knowledge since 1973.
Davis, Sturges & Tomlinson, Attorneys at Law, is a full-service law firm operated by longtime area residents committed to the best outcomes for our clients. We focus on the following areas of practice:
- Personal injury claims, including car accidents
- Real estate transactions and litigation
- Business law, including formation and litigation
- Criminal defense, including drunk driving charges and traffic violations
- Divorce and other areas of family law
- Estate planning, including wills, trusts and probate
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.