Skip to main content

Are you a legal professional? Visit our professional site

Enter legal issue and location

Smith Haughey Rice & Roegge - Traverse City, MI

101 North Park Street Suite 100 Traverse City, MI 49684

Learn More

Updated: 12/12/2018

Traverse City Alternative Dispute Resolution Law Firm


The Traverse City office of the law firm of Smith Haughey Rice & Roegge opened in 1990 with seven attorneys. Today, the office has quadrupled in size to include attorneys who practice a full range of legal services including business law, estate planning, family law, real estate law, and litigation. Situated in the heart of the business and shopping district of downtown Traverse City, Smith Haughey is located at the corner of E. Front and N. Park streets.

Notably, in 2009, the Traverse City offi ...

About Smith Haughey Rice & Roegge

Practice Areas

  • Alternative Dispute Resolution
  • Appellate Law
  • Appellate Litigation
  • Banking and Finance
  • Bankruptcy and Creditors Rights
  • Business and Corporate Litigation
  • Business and Property Law
  • Collaborative and Mediated Divorce
  • Commercial Litigation
  • Construction Design Law
  • Construction Law
  • Construction Litigation
  • Criminal Defense
  • Criminal Law
  • Elder Law
  • Employment Litigation
  • Employment Litigation Defense
  • Entertainment Law
  • Environmental Law
  • Estate Planning, Trust and Probate
  • Family Law and Divorce
  • Family-owned Business Law
  • Franchise Law
  • Governmental Law
  • Health Law
  • Immigration Law
  • Insurance Coverage
  • Insurance Law
  • Labor & Employment Law
  • Legal Malpractice Liability Defense
  • Long Term Health Care
  • Medical Malpractice Defense
  • Medical Malpractice Law
  • Non-Profit Organization Law
  • Personal Injury and Wrongful Death
  • Plaintiff's Contingency Cases: Business and Employment
  • Probate Litigation
  • Product Liability Law
  • Professional Liability Law
  • Professional Liability Law-Legal
  • Real Estate
  • Tax Law
  • Transportation and No-Fault Law
  • Trusts and Estates
  • Workers Compensation Law

Office Information


101 North Park Street Suite 100 Traverse City, MI 49684


  • (231) 929-4182

Other Offices

Smith Haughey Rice & Roegge 900 3rd St. Ste. 204 Muskegon, MI 49440 - 1152 (231) 724-4320

Smith Haughey Rice & Roegge (Main Office) 100 Monroe Center NW Grand Rapids, MI 49503 - 2802 (616) 774-8000

Smith Haughey Rice & Roegge 213 S. Ashley Suite 400 Ann Arbor, MI 48104 (734) 213-8000

When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our West Legal Directory disclaimers. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.

Map Location

How do I choose a lawyer?

Consider the following:

Comfort Level
- Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?

- How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?

- How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?

- Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?

Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?

Here are a few to get you started:

  • How long have you been in practice?
  • How many cases like mine have you handled?
  • How often do you settle cases out of court?
  • What are your fees and costs?
  • What are the next steps?

Want to check lawyer discipline?

It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:

  • Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
  • Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
  • Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.

Find a Lawyer

More Options