Grand Rapids Business Law Firm
Notably, in the 2012 issue of Best Lawyers in America...
Notably, in the 2012 issue of Best Lawyers in America...Since 1941, Smith Haughey has called downtown Grand Rapids home. In 2011 we moved 53 attorneys and 54 professional staff into the 150-year-old Flat Iron Building. Our renovation of the building allowed us to reduce our environmental footprint, streamline our processes, and improve our flexibility and accessibility. All of which furthers our commitment to deliver exceptional efficiency to our clients right from the heart of Grand Rapids.
Notably, in the 2012 issue of Best Lawyers in America, the Grand Rapids office had more attorneys listed than any other law firm in the area in the following categories:
-Top-listed in Grand Rapids in legal malpractice law.
-Top-listed in Grand Rapids in medical malpractice law.
-Top-listed in Grand Rapids in personal injury litigation.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.