Enter legal issue and location
Harrisburg Construction Lawyer
About Thomas A. Beckley
Current Employment Position(s)
- Of Counsel
- Labor Relations
- General Practice
- Estate Planning and Administration
- District of Columbia, 1960
- Pennsylvania, 1961
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Pennsylvania Bar Association (Member)
- American Bar Association (Member)
- District of Columbia Bar Association (Member)
- Dauphin County Bar Association (Member)
- Allegheny County Bar Association (Member)
- Pennsylvanians for Right to Work, Inc. (Director)
- Pennsylvania for Right to Work Defense & Education Foundation (Trustee)
- Masonic Organizations
- Corpus Juris Society
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Probate and Trust Law Section
Classes and Seminars
- Construction Law Seminars, Sponsoring Organization American Subcontractors Association
- Mechanics' Lien Seminars, Bar Institute
- Estate Planning, Pennsylvania Bar Institute
- Mechanic's Liens, Pennsylvania Bar Institute
- National Labor Relations Board, Honor Graduate Field Attorney, 1960 - 1961
- Dickinson School of Law of the Pennsylvania State University, Carlisle, Pennsylvania, 1960
Honors: Top 10% of Class, Interscholastic Moot Court Team
Law Review: Dickinson Law Review, Articles Editor, 1959 - 1960
- Dickinson College, Carlisle, Pennsylvania, 1955
Honors: With Distinction
Honors: United States Army Reserves, Intelligence School as CIC Agent, Rank Captain
Fraternities and Sororities
- Phi Kappa Psi
Accepts Credit Cards
- Corporations-Payment of Officers for Past Services-Ratification by Shareholders, Dickinson Law Review, Vol. 64, 1959
- Various Newsletter Articles, Various Trade Associations
- Creasy v. Stevens, Dickinson Law Review, Vol. 63, 1958
- Recent Significant Decisions for Real Property
- Probate and Trust Law Section of the Pennsylvania Bar Association
212 N Third StSuite 301 Harrisburg, PA 17101
Monday to Friday 8:30AM to 5:00 PM
- Task Force & Advisory Committee on Decedents' Estates laws-Joint State Govn't Commission
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.