Skip to main content
Find a Lawyer

Enter legal issue and location

State of California, Santa Clara County, Office of the County Counsel - San Jose, CA

70 West Hedding Street, 9th Floor, East Wing San Jose, CA 95110

Updated: 07/30/2018

Office Information


70 West Hedding Street, 9th Floor, East Wing San Jose, CA 95110


  • 408-292-7240

Other Offices

Santa Clara County County Counsel Child Dependency Unit 1 Almaden San Jose, CA 95113 - 2211 (408) 299-4280

Santa Clara County County Counsel Workers Comp Unit 1735 N 1st St Ste 290 San Jose, CA 95112 - 4511 (408) 441-4250

When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.

Map Location

Google Map

How do I choose a lawyer?

Consider the following:

Comfort Level
- Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?

- How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?

- How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?

- Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?

Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?

Here are a few to get you started:

  • How long have you been in practice?
  • How many cases like mine have you handled?
  • How often do you settle cases out of court?
  • What are your fees and costs?
  • What are the next steps?

Want to check lawyer discipline?

It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:

  • Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
  • Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
  • Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.

Find a Lawyer

More Options