Chicago Real Estate Lawyer
Daniel Marre's practice is focused in the areas of real estate transactions and development, with emphasis on international real estate and hotel transactions. He has significant experience with all facets of the commercial property industry (hotel, office and retail), including acquisitions, dispositions, construction, development, financing and leasing. Daniel has spent extensive time on the acquisition, development and financing of hotel properties throughout the world (in particular, Central and Eastern Europe, and the Caribbean), as well as negotiation of hotel management agreements with some of the world's largest hotel management companies.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.