Hartford Family Law Firm
Family law is a delicate area of practice and these cases often hit close to home and have serious ramifications. At Budlong & Budlong, LLC in Hartford, our family law team is committed to providing exceptional legal representation on behalf of families who are in the midst of a dispute, such as child custody or the enforcement of a court order. With our team on your side, you can feel confident that you will have the best possible chance of receiving the results you need to move forward. Get started on your family law case and call our law office to request a consultation with one of our experienced attorneys.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.