Enter legal issue and location
Las Vegas Commercial Litigation Lawyer
About D Chris Albright
Current Employment Position(s)
- Commercial Litigation
- Civil Suits
- Banking’ Business Disputes
- Real Property Litigation
- Real Property Transactions, including Purchase Contracts, Leases, and Financing
- Business Contracts and Litigation
- Construction Litigation, including Design Defect Defense, Bid Protests, Mechanic’s Liens, and Collections
- Mediation / Arbitration
- Iliescu v Steppan, 394 P.3d. 930 (Nev. 2017) retained after trial and successfully obtained 7-0 Nevada Supreme Court reversal of $4.5 million mechanic’s lien judgment against client’s Reno Nevada real property, establishing new precedent on issue of first impression.
- Leany v Zurich American Ins. Co., 800 Fed. Appx. 524 (9th Cir. 2020) (successfully challenged global insurance company’s attempt to pierce local business’s corporate veil)
- Washington Federal Savings v. High Mark Development, et al., Clark County, Nevada District Court Case No. A-11-640518 (successfully obtained $4.7 million post-foreclosure judgment against borrower and guarantors in deficiency action).
- Allstar v. Curry, Clark County, Nevada District Court Case No. A-576602 (obtained over $2 million judgment and successfully obtained dismissal of all Defendants’ counterclaims in contested loan litigation).
- Union Pacific Railroad Co. v. Guard Dog Heaven LLC; United States District Court, District of Nevada Case No. 2:09-CV-1622-GMN-RJJ (successfully defended and obtained dismissal of malpractice claims against commercial real estate appraiser, in case involving railroad right-of-way).
- Klacking v. HGP, Clark County, Nevada District Court Case No. A-13-678276-C, Nevada Supreme Court Case No. 66578 (successful defense of multiple claims arising out of claimed breaches of asset purchase agreement relating to sale of franchise restaurants at three-day private arbitration).
- Gordon v. Huffman, Clark County, Nevada District Court Case No. A549450 (obtained over $281,000.00 compensatory and punitive damages judgment, following bench trial for Plaintiff victims of real estate fraud).
- Hardy Development v. HJEE LLC, et al., Clark County, Nevada District Court Case No. A-11-636596-C (successfully obtained $156,000 Arbitration Award for lost overhead and profit in favor of contractor plaintiff, at private contractual arbitration, due to breach and cancellation of general contract).
- Vegas Paradise v. Nevada Power, United States District Court, District of Nevada Case No. CV-S-1254-DAE-LRL (Obtained Summary Judgment dismissal of real estate auction bidder’s claims for specific performance against Nevada Power Company, in case seeking to set aside sale to successful auction bidder at multi-lot multi-million dollar real estate auction sale).
- American Sports Radio Network v. Krause, Clark County, Nevada District Court Case No. A-340666 (successfully obtained over $3.6 million judgment for plaintiff arising out of fraud and conversion of business assets claims).
- Holgate v. Community Bank of Nevada, et al., Clark County, Nevada District Court Case No. A-474920-C (successfully represented lender in custom home construction loan litigation, obtaining dismissal of borrowers’ claims).
- Shetakis Wholesalers v. Kerzetski-Bellew, Clark County, Nevada District Court Case No. A-363976-C (successfully obtained summary judgment dismissal of commercial construction defect claims).
- Service v. William Lyon Homes, Inc., Clark County, Nevada District Court Case No. A-484209-C (represented home purchaser and successfully settled specific performance action against home developer in manner allowing purchase of home).
- Target Construction v. PCL Construction, Inc., Clark County, Nevada District Court Case No. A-500697-C (defended general contractor at McCarran International Airport expansion project with respect to contract issues, substantially reduced award obtained by Plaintiff, in comparison to amounts sought).
- State Drywall, Inc. v. Carr, Clark County, Nevada District Court Case No. A-473086-C (successfully obtained revisions mitigating initially broader temporary restraining order issued against former employee pursuant to claimed non-competition provisions, and successfully settled dispute between two companies regarding retention of employee and others by competitor).
- Shannon v. Shannon, Clark County, Nevada District Court Case No. A-494786-C (successfully obtained judgment quieting title and for monetary damages in quiet title dispute as to ownership of home).
- Kim Soo-Hyun v. Reynolds, et al., Clark County, Nevada District Court Case No. A-492900-C (procured $250,000.00 judgment on behalf of real estate lender plaintiff, overcoming defendants’ one action rule defenses).
- Barbara One, Inc. v. Steve Hamilton, et al., Clark County, Nevada District Court Case No. A-424171 (successful defense of claims of prior employer against employee for purported violation of claimed confidentiality and purported non-competition provisions of employment).
- Drobkin v. Prestwich, Clark County, Nevada District Court Case No. A-408003 (successful defense of plaintiff’s adverse possession claims as to commercial property ownership).
- Power Technology v. Alvin Snaper, Clark County, Nevada District Court Case No. A-465306-C (represented inventor and successfully resolved and settled dispute regarding patent ownership).
- Malone v. Doctor’s Associates d/b/a Subways, Clark County, Nevada District Court Case No. A-443472-C (successfully reached settlement of dispute as to franchising provisions with Subways restaurant franchisor).
- Nevada, 1993
- U.S. District Court District of Nevada, 1994
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1997
- Nevada Supreme Court, October 7, 2005 - Present (Appointed as an Attorney Arbitrator)
- Clark County and American Bar Associations
- State Bar of Nevada
Classes and Seminars
- Commercial Real Estate Leases from Start to Finish, National Business Institute, Las Vegas, Nevada, 2015
- Fundamentals of Mechanic’s Lien Law in Nevada, Sterling Educational Services, 2007
- Nevada Mechanic’s Liens, NACM Business Credit Services Multi-State Lien Law Seminar, Tempe, Arizona, 2001
- Nevada Mechanic’s Liens, American Builders and Contractors, 2002
- Justice Thomas L. Steffen, Nevada Supreme Court, Judicial Law Clerk, 1993 - 1994
- Judge Lloyd D. George, U.S. District Court, District of Nevada, Judicial Extern, 1992 - Present
- Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark Law School, Provo, Utah, 1993
Honors: cum laude
Honors: Three-year Scholarship recipient
Honors: Senior Editor, BYU Law Review 1992-1993
- Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah, 1990
Major: International Relations
Accepts Credit Cards
- Gentile v. State Bar; Core Speech and a Lawyer's Pre-trial Statement, to the Press, Brigham Young University Law Review 809, 1992
- The Words ‘Under God’ Do Not Render the Pledge of Allegiance Unconstitutional, 11 Nevada Lawyer Magazine, 5, pp. 9-16, May, 2003
801 S. Rancho Dr.Ste. D4 Las Vegas, NV 89106
- (702) 384-0605
Other Sources of Feedback About D Chris Albright
Included on the 2023 Mountain States list
- 2022 Mountain States Super Lawyers list
- 2021 Mountain States Super Lawyers list
- 2020 Mountain States Super Lawyers list
- 2019 Mountain States Super Lawyers list
- Judge Sally Loehrer Pro Bono Service Award, 2009
- BV Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Mountain States Super Lawyers 2020
- Mountain States Super Lawyers, 2018
- Lawyers of Distinction, 2018, Real Estate Law
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.