Enter legal issue and location
Owensboro General Civil Litigation Lawyer
About David L. Yewell
- General Civil Litigation
- Family Law
- Grandparents' Visitation & Custody
- Estate Planning
- Probate Law
- Education Law
- Business Organization
- Real Estate Law
- Business and Commerical Law
- Kentucky Appellate Practice
- Federal Appellate Practice
- Personal Injury & Wrongful Death
- Kentucky, 1967
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1967
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky, 1967
- U.S. District Court Western District of Kentucky, 1967
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1974
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims, 2002
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit, 2005
- Kentucky Bar Association, 1990 - 1991 (President)
- Kentucky Bar Association, 1989 - 1990 (President-Elect)
- Kentucky Bar Association, 1988 - 1989 (Vice President)
- Kentucky Bar Association, 1982 - 1991 (Board of Governors)
- Daviess County Bar Association, 1967 - Present (President - 1983)
- American Bar Association Foundation (Fellow)
- Kentucky Bar Foundation (Fellow)
- Kentucky Justice Association
- The American Association for Justice
- Kentucky Council of School Board Attorneys, 1985 (President)
- National Council of School Board Attorneys
- Kentucky Bar Center, 1993 - 2000 (Trustee)
- Southern Conference of Bar Presidents
- University of Kentucky College of Law, Lexington, Kentucky, 1967
- Transylvania University, Lexington, Kentucky, 1964
Bachelor of Arts
Honors: Inducted into Pioneer Sports Hall of Fame - April 2007
- Hinds Junior College, Raymond, Mississippi, 1962
Honors: Inducted into Sports Hall of Fame - October 2006
- Lawyers Mutual Insurance Company, Board of Directors, 1990-2015
- Lawyers Mututal Insurance Company, Secretary, 1998-2015
- Lawyers Mutual Insurance Company, Executive Committee, 1998-2015
Accepts Credit Cards
221 West 2nd Street Owensboro, KY 42303
- (270) 685-6879
Other Sources of Feedback About David L. Yewell
Included on the 2014 Kentucky list
- 2013 Kentucky Super Lawyers list
- 2011 Kentucky Super Lawyers list
- 2010 Kentucky Super Lawyers list
- 2009 Kentucky Super Lawyers list
- 2008 Kentucky Super Lawyers list
- 2007 Kentucky Super Lawyers list
- Special Justice, Supreme Court of Kentucky, Authored Opinion of Court in "Kentucky Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance Co v. McKinney," 831 SW2 164 (May 14, 1992)
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.