Enter legal issue and location
Grand Rapids Probate Litigation Lawyer
About Richard A. Samdal
- Probate Litigation
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Michigan, 1996
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan, 1996
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1998
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 1997
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois Trial Bar
- American Bar Association (Member)
- State Bar of Michigan, Litigation Section (Member)
- Former Member of the Grand Rapids Bar Association
- Former Member of the Grand Rapids Chapter of the American Inns of Court
- Grand Rapids Bar Association, Social Interaction Committee
- Grand Rapids Bar Association, Litigation Section
- Grand Rapids Bar Association, Probate and Estate Planning Section
- State Bar of Michigan, Information Technology Law Section (Member)
- State Bar of Michigan, Probate & Estate Planning Section (Member)
- Varnum LLP, Partner
- Wayne State University Law School, Detroit, Michigan, 1996
Honors: magna cum laude
Honors: Order of the Coif, 1996
Honors: Lederle Scholar
Honors: Dean's Scholar
Law Review: Wayne Law Review, Associate Editor, 1994 - 1996
- Grand Valley State University, Allendale, Michigan, 1992
Accepts Credit Cards
940 Monroe Ave NWSuite 250 Grand Rapids, MI 49503
- (616) 458-7997
Other Sources of Feedback About Richard A. Samdal
Included on the 2009 Michigan list
- 2008 Michigan Super Lawyers list
- Rising Stars, Super Lawyers, 2008 - 2009
- Grand Rapids Magazine "Top Lawyers"
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.