Lake Charles Estate Planning Lawyer
Theresa was born in Lake Charles, Louisiana where she has spent most of her life. She relocated to Connecticut for a period of time where she received her Bachelor of Science in Business from Central Connecticut State University and Juris Doctor degree from Quinnipiac School of Law (formerly the University of Bridgeport). She was admitted to the Connecticut Bar in 1991, the Louisiana Bar in 1992 and to practice before the United States Tax Court in 1994. Theresa, an AV-Rated Attorney, is certified as a Specialist in Estate Planning and Administration by the Louisiana Board of Legal Specialization and has served as a member of its Advisory Commission for Estate Planning and Administration. Theresa is very active in the Louisiana State and Southwest Louisiana Bar Associations and Foundations. She is past president of the Southwest Louisiana Bar Association and the current President of the Southwest Louisiana Bar Foundation. She is a long time member of the Louisiana State Bar Association House of Delegates and is currently serving on its Access to Justice Committee. In addition, Theresa is very active in her community and has helped organize numerous civic and non-profit organizations and she has served as president of the Lake Charles Rotary Club and the Lake Charles Ballet Society.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.