Enter legal issue and location
Ste. 213300 W Preston St. Baltimore, MD 21201- 2316
State of Maryland Public Defender Anne Arundel County Suite 203 60 West St Annapolis, MD 21401 - 2480 (410) 974-2201
State of Maryland 10 Cherry Hill Rd Baltimore, MD 21225 - 1261
State of Maryland Public Defender Capital Defense Div. 520 W Fayette St Baltimore, MD 21201 - 1781 (301) 727-3078
State of Maryland 5800 Wabash Ave Baltimore, MD 21215 - 3330
State of Maryland, Office of the Public Defender Eastside Courts Building 1400 E. North Avenue Baltimore, MD 21213 (410) 878-8600
State of Maryland Public Defender Office District 1 201 Saint Paul Place Baltimore, MD 21202 (410) 333-4900
State of Maryland, Office of the Public Defender (Main Office) 6 Saint Paul Street Suite 1400 Baltimore, MD 21202 (410) 767-8460
State of Maryland Multi Service Ctr 2 S Bond St Bel Air, MD 21014 (410) 836-4880
State of Maryland Public Defender PO Box 487 310 Gay St Cambridge, MD 21613 - 0487 (410) 221-2570
State of Maryland District Court Bldg 159 Prospect Sq Cumberland, MD 21502
State of Maryland Public Defender Suite 303 301 Bay St Easton, MD 21601 - 2796 (410) 820-6100
State of Maryland 3451 Courthouse Dr Ellicott City, MD 21043 - 4368 (410) 461-0155
State of Maryland Public Defender District #11 100 W Patrick St Frederick, MD 21701 - 5693 (301) 694-1986
State of Maryland Public Defender George M Taylor Center Room 206 7500 Ritchie Hwy Glen Burnie, MD 21061 - 3750
State of Maryland, Office of the Public Defender 4990 Rhode Island Avenue, Room 345 Hyattsville, MD 20781 (301) 699-2760
State of Maryland Suite 102a 101 Catalpa Dr La Plata, MD 20646 - 4319
State of Maryland Garrett County 105 S Second St Oakland, MD 21550 - 1519
State of Maryland Public Defender Courthouse Prince Frederick, MD 20678
State of Maryland 201 Baptist St Box 26 Salisbury, MD 21801 - 4959 (410) 548-7075
State of Maryland 500 Virginia Towers Towson, MD 21204 (410) 321-3776
State of Maryland Public Defender 14735 Main Street, Suite 272B Courthouse Upper Marlboro, MD 20772 (301) 952-2159
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.