Enter legal issue and location
Salt Lake City Estate Planning Law Firm
Kipp and Christian is the successor to Kipp and Charlier founded in 1950 in the Salt Lake area. The firm handles a broad spectrum of business, professional, insurance and individual clients, with the emphasis on all kinds of civil litigation. The firm practices principally in Utah and in surrounding states as required. We emphasize individual client needs.
About Kipp and Christian, P.C.
Previous Law Firm Name
- Kipp and Charlier, January 1, 1970
- Estate Planning
- Family Law
- Litigation & Appeals
- Real Estate Law
- Banking & Finance Law
- Business & Commercial Law
- Insurance Law
- Members, American College of Trial Lawyers
Pro Bono Activities
- In Cooperation With The Utah State Bar and Various Civic Organizations
- Chubb Insurance
- Montgomery Elevator
- The Home Insurance Co.
- Utah State Bar
- UMIA (Utah Medical Insurance Association)
- Bank One
- Xerox Corporation
- General Office Supply
Gus Bernardo, Office Manager
10 Exchange Place Fourth Floor Salt Lake City, UT 84111
- (801) 359-9004
- (800) 335-3781
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our West Legal Directory disclaimers. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.