Enter legal issue and location
Watertown Family Law Lawyer
About Linda Sternberg
Current Employment Position(s)
- Sole Practitioner
- Family Law
- Child Support
- Custody & Visitation
- Collaborative Law & Practice
- Guardian ad Litem
- Guardianships & Conservatorships
- Mental Health
- Spousal Support
- Estate Administration
- Care & Protection
- Massachusetts, 1981
- U.S. District Court District of Massachusetts, 1982
- U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit, 1982
Specialties and Certifications
- Certified to Accept Guardian Ad Litem Appts in Category D, F, and G, Probate and Family Court, 2000
- Basic Mediation Training Certificate of Completion, Cambridge Dispute Settlement Center, Inc., 1993
- Certified to Take Court Appointments in Mental Health Cases, CPCS, 1986-2011
- Certified to Take Court Appointments in Child Welfare Cases, CPCS, 1984
- Qualified to Provide Limited Assistance Representation in Suffolk Cty, Probate and Family Court - Pilot Project, 2007
- Qualified to Provide Limited Assistance Representation in all Probate and Family Courts
- Massachusetts Bar Association (Member, Family Law Section)
- Women's Bar Association, 1985 - 2001 (Member)
- Boston Bar Association, 1987 - Present (Member, Family Law Section)
- Boston Bar Association, 1987 - Present (Past Member, Human Services Section)
- North Shore Children's Law Project, 1984 - 1986 (Member, Board of Directors)
- Juvenile Bar Association, 1994 - 1995 (Member, Board of Directors)
- Committee for Public Counsel Services, Family Law Advocacy Project, 1993 (Planning Comm. for Training Re Implement of Ch 303 of the Acts of 1992)
- Boston Juvenile Court Committee on Counsel Appointments, 1989 - 1990 (Member)
- Watertown Historic District Commission, 2001 - Present (Member, Secretary)
- Massachusetts Collaborative Law Council, Inc, 2006 - Present (Member)
Classes and Seminars
- Guide to Divorce Practice and Procedure, Massachusetts Appleseed Center for Law and Justice, 1998
- Organizing Your Trial Notebook, CPCS/MCLE, 1996
- Preparing Your Case: Developing and Presenting a State Intervention Child Custody Case, CPCS, 1991
- The Role of Attorneys in Care and Protection Cases and the Attorney-Client Relationship, Boston Juvenile Court Clinic, 1990
- Care and Protection Training, MCLE, 1987
Pro Bono Activities
- Senior Partners for Justice, 2006 - Present
- Lawyer for a Day - Suffolk County
- Linda Sternberg, Esquire, Attorney, 1988 - Present
- Elder & Sternberg, Partner, 1984 - 1988
- Elder & Moses, Associate, 1982 - 1984
- Temporary Legal Services, Associate, 1981 - 1982
- Silverglate and Gertner, Law Clerk, 1981
- Bingham, Dana, and Gould, Law Clerk, Litigation Department, 1980
- Massachusetts Labor Relations Commission, Law Clerk, 1980
- National Consumer Law Center, Law Clerk, 1979
- Scientific American, Editorial Assistant, 1976 - 1977
- Resources for Community Change, Production Manager, 1975
- Northeastern University School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts, 1981
J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence
- Hampshire College, Amherst, Massachusetts, 1975
B.A., Bachelor of Arts
Major: Women's Labor History
Accepts Credit Cards
129 Spring Street Watertown, MA 02472
- (617) 722-8350
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.