Chicago Personal Injury -- Defense Lawyer
I now concentrate in two areas: a) I represent tenants only in residential landlord/tenant disputes, primarily in the City of Chicago. Typical representation relates to: unpaid interest on security deposits; failure to pay interest on security deposits; commingling of security deposits with other money of the landlord; retaliatory evictions; personal injury cases that eminate therefrom, and; class actions where the number of tenants involved warrants a class action, and : b) consulting with lawyers and law firms on their law office automation, technology, computer, Internet and communication needs, opportunities and options.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.