Enter legal issue and location
Tulsa Transactions, Commercial litigation, and Business Law Lawyer
About Brent Blackstock
Current Employment Position(s)
- Transactions, Commercial litigation, and Business Law
- Oil & Gas Litigation and Environmental Law
- Trust & Estate Planning and Bankruptcy Law
- Oklahoma, 1981
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1981
- Texas, 2012
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 2017
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Oklahoma, 1982
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Oklahoma, 2008
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit, 2004
- Supreme Court of the United States of America, 1995
- Massachusetts, 2021
- American Bar Association (Member)
- Oklahoma Bar Association (Member)
- Tulsa County Bar Association (Member)
- Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals (Member)
- The Rotary Club of Tulsa (Member)
- Harvard Alumni Association (Member)
- Sneed, Lang, Adams, Hamilton, Downie & Barnett, Associate, 1981 - 1984
- R. Brent Blackstock, Attorney at Law, 1984 - 2001
- McKinney & Stringer, Tulsa, Oklahoma, , Associate, 2001 - 2005
- Of Counsel to Andrew S. Hartman, P.C., , 2005 - 2007
- Hartman, Blackstock & Moore, Partner, 2007 - 2015
- University of Oklahoma College of Law, Norman, Oklahoma
J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence
- Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts, 1975
Honors: cum laude
Fraternities and Sororities
- Phi Delta Phi
Accepts Credit Cards
- Intelligent Exploration of the Web, Intelligent Internet-Based Multiagent Systems, p. 225
Mid-Continent Tower401 S Boston Ave.Suite 500 Tulsa, OK 74103
Other Sources of Feedback About Brent Blackstock
Included on the 2023 Oklahoma list
- 2022 Oklahoma Super Lawyers list
- 2021 Oklahoma Super Lawyers list
- 2020 Oklahoma Super Lawyers list
- SuperLawyers, 2020
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.