Enter legal issue and location
Vista Criminal Lawyer
About Herbert J. Weston
Current Employment Position(s)
- California, 1978
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- Supreme Court of California
Specialties and Certifications
- Certified Criminal Law Specialist, California, 1993
- North San Diego County Bar Association (Past President)
- North San Diego County Criminal Bar Association (Past President)
- Inns of Court San Diego
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- California Attorneys for Criminal Justice
- American Inns of Court
- Oliver Wendell Holmes Inns of Court
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- San Diego County Bar Association
- California Defenders Association
Pro Bono Activities
- Judge Pro Tem, North San Diego County
- Thomas Jefferson School of Law, San Diego, California, 1978
- Western State University College of Law, San Diego, California
- Northern Michigan University
Honors: cum laude
- St. Vincent Seminary
Accepts Credit Cards
- Set Precedence for law regarding parental rights with cult kidnapping cases People v. Brown
378 Vista Village Vista, CA 92083- 4999
- (760) 945-2653
Other Sources of Feedback About Herbert J. Weston
Included on the 2012 San Diego list
- 2011 San Diego Super Lawyers list
- 2010 San Diego Super Lawyers list
- 2009 San Diego Super Lawyers list
- Top one Percent in the Nation, National Association of Distinguished Counsel
- Criminal Defense Attorney of the Year
- Top Attorney in San Diego Award
- Martindale-Hubbell Award for Excellence
- William Fletcher Award
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.