Enter legal issue and location
Sacramento Probate Lawyer
John has received the rating of "AV" from Martindale Hubbell which is their highest ranking and since 2014 has been rated as a "Superlawyer" by superlawyers.com. He also has received the highest ratings of "10.0" from both AVVO.com and JUSTIA.com. In 2015 the readers of the Roseville Press Tribune voted John "Best Attorney."
John is also a past probate and estate planning "expert" for the Sacramento Bee and has been interviewed and quoted on such websites as Forbes.com, Grandparents.com, Care.com, HuffingtonPost.com and TheWeek.com. He also was highlighted in an article in Sacramento Magazine.
John has lectured on estate planning and probate at the UC Davis Graduate School of Management MBA program, the UC Davis Extension Certified Financial Planning courses, and the National Business Institute among others. John dedicates his entire law practice to probate law.
He helps clients spread all over California, including but certainly not limited to: Sacramento, Roseville, Woodland, Davis, El Dorado Hills, Placerville, Stockton, Fairfield, Vacaville, Oakland, Santa Rosa, San Rafael, San Jose, San Mateo, San Francisco, Fresno, Los Angeles, Riverside, San Bernardino, Temecula, and San Diego.John has been certified, by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization, as a Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust and Probate law. He also has been rated "AV" by Martindale Hubbell the highest rating they offer. Lastly, he has served as the Sacramento Bee's estate planning and probate "expert" both on-line and in print.
About John B. Palley
Current Employment Position(s)
- Probate Attorney, Of Counsel
- Estate Planning
- Business Law
- California, 1994
- Utah, 1995
Specialties and Certifications
- Estate Planning, Trust & Probate Law, By the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization, 2008
- Sacramento Estate Planning Counsel, 1995 - Present (Member)
- Rotary Club of Roseville, February 1, 2008 - Present (Vocational Co-Chair)
- Active 20-30 Club Sacramento, 1995 - Present (Past-Active)
- Sacramento Planned Giving Forum, January 1, 2009 - Present (Board Member)
Classes and Seminars
- Estate Planning, UC Davis Extension, 2006 - Present
- NBI Probate Process from Start to Finish, NBI, December 10, 2008
- John B. Palley, Attorney at Law, Attorney, 1995 - 1999
- Manulife Financial, Legal Marketing, 1994 - 1995
- McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific, Sacramento, California, 1994
- Sonoma State U., Rohnert Park, CA, USA, 1991
Honors: Semester in London 1989, Deans List 1990
Major: International Business
Fraternities and Sororities
- Delta Sigma Phi
- Available Upon Request
Accepts Credit Cards
- 419 Welfare Benefit Trusts, CLU Sections Business & Compensation, July/August, 1995
1555 River Park DriveSuite 108 Sacramento, CA 95815- 4666
- (916) 920-9379
Other Sources of Feedback About John B. Palley
Included on the 2023 Northern California list
- 2022 Northern California Super Lawyers list
- 2021 Northern California Super Lawyers list
- 2020 Northern California Super Lawyers list
- 2019 Northern California Super Lawyers list
- 2018 Northern California Super Lawyers list
- 2017 Northern California Super Lawyers list
- 2016 Northern California Super Lawyers list
- 2015 Northern California Super Lawyers list
- 2014 Northern California Super Lawyers list
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.