Enter legal issue and location
Mahwah Criminal Defense Lawyer
About Michael J. Beatrice
Current Employment Position(s)
- Criminal Defense
- DWI/DUI Defense
- Complex Civil Lawsuits
- Personal Injury
- Real Estate
- New Jersey, 1976
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 1976
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Supreme Court State of New Jersey
Specialties and Certifications
- Certified Police Instructor, Bergen County Police Academy
- American Bar Association (Member)
- New Jersey State Bar Association (Member)
- Bergen County Bar Association
Pro Bono Activities
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- New Jersey Association of Justice
- Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers–New Jersey
- Mahwah Education Foundation, Chairman, 1988 - Present
- St. Joseph Regional High School, Board of Advisors
- Mahwah Board of Education, Trustee
- County Champion Mahwah High School Mock Trial Team, Lawyer Coach, 2001 - 2013
- Bergen County Prosecutor’s Office, 1977 - 1982
- Township of Mahwah, Municipal Prosecutor, 1988 - 2004
- Borough of Fort Lee, Special Prosecutor, 1988 - 2004
- Fordham University School of Law, New York, New York, 1976
- College of the Holy Cross, Worcester, MA
Major: Urban Affairs
Accepts Credit Cards
- Co-Author, Arson Investigation and Prosecution Manual
1 International Blvd.Suite 600 Mahwah, NJ 07495
- (201) 512-5885
Other Sources of Feedback About Michael J. Beatrice
Included on the 2023 New Jersey list
- 2022 New Jersey Super Lawyers list
- 2021 New Jersey Super Lawyers list
- 2020 New Jersey Super Lawyers list
Disclosure: No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey. Please visit the 'Super Lawyers Selection Process' for a detailed description of the Super Lawyers selection methodology.
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.