Greenville Criminal Defense Lawyer
Mr. Hogan graduated from Furman University with a B.A. Degree in 1983. In 1985 he received a M.B.A. Degree from the University of South Carolina. In 1992 he received a J.D. Degree from University of South Carolina Law School. In 2010 received his LL.M. degree in tax law from University of Alabama (with high honors). He is admitted to practice in all state and federal courts in the State of South Carolina. Prior to joining the Gilreath Law Firm he maintained a law practice in Laurens, South Carolina, practicing in many diverse areas including but not limited to criminal defense, domestic relations, real estate, corporate administration, Social Security, Workers Compensation, and personal injury. Mr. Hogan was admitted to the South Carolina Bar in November of 1992.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.