Enter legal issue and location
Grand Rapids Family Law and Divorce 45% Lawyer
About Robert C. Rutgers
- Family Law and Divorce 45% 25%
- Business Law and Litigation 35%
- Real Estate 20%
- Michigan, 1992
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1993
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan, 1992
- U.S. Tax Court
- Michigan State Bar Foundation, Fellow
- State Bar of Michigan, Business and Family Law Sections
- Grand Rapids Bar Association, Business and Family Law Sections
- Justice Foundation of West Michigan, Member
- Collaborative Practice Institute of Michigan
- Collaborative Divorce Professionals of West Michigan
- American Bar Association
Pro Bono Activities
- Economics Club of Grand Rapids
- Northern Rocket Football League, Coach
- Marquette University Law School, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 1992
- Hope College, 1989
Bachelor of Economics
- Gray Divorces and Silver Separations Present Special Challenges, Grand Rapids Business Journal, August, 2016
180 Monroe Ave. NWSuite 400 Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Monday to Friday: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Other Sources of Feedback About Robert C. Rutgers
Included on the 2023 Michigan list
- 2022 Michigan Super Lawyers list
- Leading Lawyers in the areas of Commercial Litigation and Family Law
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for work in: Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law, Family Law
- Voted Top Attorney in areas of Corporate Law and Family Law – GR Magazine
- Martindale-Hubbell Rated 5.0 AV Preeminent® Highest Level of Professional Excellence 2022
- US News and World Report - Best Law Firms
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.