Enter legal issue and location
Harrisburg Contract Lawyer
About Elizabeth "Liesl" S. Beckley
Current Employment Position(s)
- Estate Planning
- Family Law: Adoption, Custody, Divorce and Support
- Real Estate
- Pennsylvania, 1994
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Pennsylvania, 1995
- U.S. Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit, 1996
Specialties and Certifications
- Family Mediation Training Certificate, Community Dispute Settlement Program
- Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, Hearing Committee, 2011 - 2016
- Judicial Conduct Board of Pennsylvania, Member: 2016 - 2020 (Chair: 2019 - 2020)
- American Bar Association, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member (House of Delegates, Member: 2002-Present)
- Dauphin County Bar Association, Member: President: 2011 (Young Lawyers Division, President: 2001)
- Cumberland County Bar Association, Social Member
Classes and Seminars
- Frequent Speaker, Area Schools and Universities
- Frequent Participant, Ask a Lawyer program
- Civil Practice in Magisterial District Courts, Pennsylvania Bar Institute, 2015
Pro Bono Activities
- Custody Clinics - Mid Penn Legal Services, Inc.
- Camp Hill Borough Council, Member, 2004 - 2007
- Capitol Region Council of Governments, Delegate, 2004 - 2007
- West Shore Area Jaycees, Member: 1994 - 2002 (President: 1996 - 2002)
- Camp Hill Presbyterian Church, Member (Member of Session: 2001-2004, 2014 - 2017, 2020 - Present)
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, Lansing, Michigan, 1992
Honors: Recipient, American Jurisprudence Award for Excellence in Trial Advocacy
- American University, Washington, District of Columbia, 1989
Major: Criminal Justice
- Walt Disney World College Program, Lake Buena Vista, Florida, August, 1988
Fraternities and Sororities
- Alpha Chi Omega
- Notary Public
Accepts Credit Cards
212 N Third StSuite 301 Harrisburg, PA 17101
Monday to Friday 8:30AM to 5:00 PM
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.