Enter legal issue and location
Albuquerque Medical Malpractice Lawyer
Pia Salazar has been a New Mexico trial lawyer since 1994, practicing primarily in medical negligence, wrongful death, catastrophic injury, premises liability and nursing home litigation. She is an AV (best rating) rated attorney in Martindale-Hubbell, a Southwest Superlawyer, ATLA Top 100 Trial Lawyers (2007-present), Past-President of the New Mexico Trial Lawyers Association (2009-2010), AAJ Leader's Forum, and a member of AAJ.
About Pia Aurelia Dominguez Salazar
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury- Plaintiff
- Premises Liability-Plaintiff
- Wrongful Death-Plaintiff
- Products Liability Law
- Nursing Home Litigation
- Motor Vehicle Defects
- Professional Malpractice Law
- New Mexico, 1994
- U.S. District Court District of New Mexico, 1997
- New Mexico Trial Lawyers Association, 2009 - 2010 (President)
- American Association for Justice, 1998 - 1999 (Minority Caucus State Delegate)
- American Association for Justice, 2006 - 2007 (Ambassador)
- American Association for Justice (Member)
- Hispanic Bar Association
- New Mexico Bar Association, 1994 - Present (Member)
- American Bar Association, 1994 - Present (Member)
- New Mexico Trial Lawyers Association, 1996 - Present (Board of Director)
- New Mexico Trial Lawyers Association, 2002 - 2003 (Treasurer)
- New Mexico Trial Lawyers Association, 2009 - 2010 (Nominating Committee)
- American Association for Justice (Sustaining Member)
- Attorney Information Exchange Group, 2000 - 2003
- Trial Lawyers for Public Justice, 1996 - Present
- New Mexico Review Commission, 1996 - Present
- Civil Practice Specialty Committee
- New Mexico Civil Practice Specialty Committee
- American Association for Justice, 2003 (Leader's Forum)
- American Association for Justice, 2010 - 2011 (Leader's Forum)
- Emerge New Mexico Recruitment Committee, 2010
- Emerge New Mexico Recruitment Committee, 2011 (Chair)
- Emerge New Mexico , 2011 (Board Member)
- American Association of Justice (Governor)
Classes and Seminars
- "Coming Attractions or Distractions", 18th Annual Update on New Mexico Tort Law, April 30, 1999 - Present
- "Coming Attractions or Distractions", 22nd Annual Update on New Mexico Tort Law, April 25, 2003 - Present
- "Opening Statements", A Live Slip/Fall Wrongful Death Jury by Trial, March 4, 2005
- "Tort Claims Against State Entities", 25th Annual Update on New Mexico Tort Law, April 28, 2006
- "Advocacy Advantages: Focus Groups & Juror Bias", New Mexico Trial Lawyers Association, January 18, 2008
- "How to Maximize Damages in a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit", January 28, 2011
Pro Bono Activities
- Trustee, First Choice Health Care, 2003 - 2005
- Coach, AYSO (American Youth Soccer Organization), 2006 - 2008
- Equal Access to Justice Campaign
- UNM Mock Trial Participant
- New Mexico Court of Appeals - Clerk Judge Michael Bustamante
- Durkovich, Martinez & Salazar, Attorney, 1994 - 1996
- Durkovich, Salazar & Sullivan, Attorney, 1996 - 2004
- Salazar & Sullivan, 2004 - 2010
- University of New Mexico School of Law, Albuquerque, New Mexico, 1994
- University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico, 1990
Honors: With Distinction
Major: Political Science & Communications
100 Gold Avenue SWSuite 201 Albuquerque, NM 87102- 3476
Other Sources of Feedback About Pia Aurelia Dominguez Salazar
Included on the 2023 Southwest list
- 2022 Southwest Super Lawyers list
- 2021 Southwest Super Lawyers list
- 2014 Southwest Super Lawyers list
- 2012 Southwest Super Lawyers — Super Lawyers list
- 2011 Southwest Super Lawyers list
- 2010 Southwest Super Lawyers list
- AAJ Top 100 Trial Lawyers, 2007-Present
- Top 100 Trial Lawyer 2007, 2008, 2009, 2012 and 2014
- AV Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- Super Lawyer Medical Malpractice, 2010 - Present
- American Association of Justice Fellow
- American Trial Lawyers Association Top 100 Trial Lawyers, 2012
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.