Enter legal issue and location
Woodland Hills Employment Litigation Lawyer
About Howard Scott Rutten
Current Employment Position(s)
- Managing Partner
- Employment Litigation 80%
- Civil Litigation 10%
- Business Law 10%
- The firm has represented employees in cases against Bank of America, Walmart, FedEx, Blue Sheild of California, Anthem, Toyota and other large corporations
- California, 1993
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 1993
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1993
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 1993
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 2001
- California Employment Lawyers Association, Member, 2007
- Consumer Attorney Association of Los Angeles, Member, 2007
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Employment and Business Litigation Sections, Member, 1997
- Beverly Hills Bar Association, Member, 2007
- Golden Gate University School of Law, San Francisco, California
Honors: Dean's List Scholar
Law Review: Golden Gate University School of Law, Member, 1991 - 1992
- Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona, U.S.A.
21860 Burbank BlvdSuite Number 340 Woodland Hills, CA 91367
- (818) 924-6400
Other Sources of Feedback About Howard Scott Rutten
Included on the 2024 Southern California list
- 2023 Southern California Super Lawyers list
- 2022 Southern California Super Lawyers list
- 2021 Southern California Super Lawyers list
- 2020 Southern California Super Lawyers list
- 2019 Southern California Super Lawyers list
- 2018 Southern California Super Lawyers list
- 2017 Southern California Super Lawyers list
- 2016 Southern California Super Lawyers list
- 2015 Southern California Super Lawyers list
- 2014 Southern California Super Lawyers list
- 2013 Southern California Super Lawyers list
- Selected to Southern California Super Lawyers List, 2012 - 2023
- AV Preeminent Rating (5.0 Highest Rating) - Martindale Hubbell
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.