Enter legal issue and location
Ridgeland Antitrust, Competition & Trade Regulation Lawyer
About P. Ryan Beckett
Current Employment Position(s)
- Antitrust, Competition & Trade Regulation
- Financial Services Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Election and Campaign Finance
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Governmental Litigation
- Business Torts and Unfair Competition
- Government Relations
- Class Actions
- Mississippi, 1999
- Tennessee, 1999
- U.S. District Court Western District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Mississippi
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Mississippi
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- American Bar Association (Section on Antitrust)
- Federal Bar Association (Secretary, Mississippi Chapter)
- Charles Clark American Inn of Court
- Defense Research Institute, Commercial Litigation Committee
- Defense Research Institute, Steering Committee, 2003 - 2009
- Defense Research Institute, Young Lawyers Committee
- Mississippi Defense Lawyers Association
- Mississippi Bar, Young Lawyers Division
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Capital Area Bar Association
- Mississippi Bar, Mock Trial Committee
Classes and Seminars
- Advanced Litigation Skills for Taking Your Case Through Final Verdict, 2007 - Present
- University of Mississippi School of Law, Oxford, Mississippi, 1999
Honors: magna cum laude
Honors: Robert Khayat Award
Law Journal: Mississippi Law Journal, Associate Articles Editor
- Millsaps College, Jackson, Mississippi, 1996
Honors: summa cum laude
- Mississippi" Section, 50-State Compendium on State Consumer Protection Act Statutes, Product Liability Advisory Council.
- Program Chair, "Advanced Litigation Skills for Taking Your Case Through Final Verdict, DRI's Young Lawyers Seminar in Miami Beach, Florida,, 2006
- New Activism from the State Attorneys General: The Parens Patriae Approach, DRIs For The Defense, August, 2006
Renaissance at Colony Park1020 Highland Colony ParkwaySuite 1400 Ridgeland, MS 39157
- (601) 985-4500
Other Sources of Feedback About P. Ryan Beckett
Included on the 2023 Mid-South list
- 2022 Mid-South Super Lawyers list
- 2021 Mid-South Super Lawyers list
- 2020 Mid-South Super Lawyers list
- 2019 Mid-South Super Lawyers list
- 2018 Mid-South Super Lawyers list
- 2017 Mid-South Super Lawyers list
- 2016 Mid-South Super Lawyers list
- 2015 Mid-South Super Lawyers list
- 2014 Mid-South Super Lawyers list
- 2013 Mid-South Super Lawyers list
- 2012 Mid-South Super Lawyers list
- 2011 Mid-South Super Lawyers list
- 2010 Mid-South Super Lawyers list
- 2009 Mid-South Super Lawyers list
- 2008 Mid-South Super Lawyers list
- AV-rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Mid-South Rising Stars®, Business Litigation Pro Bono Award, Mississippi Volunteer Lawyers Project , 2009 - Present
- Top 40 Under 40, Mississippi Business Journal
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.