Enter legal issue and location
Brainerd Divorce/Family Law/Custody Law Firm
About Wetzel Law Firm PA
- Divorce/Family Law/Custody 50%
- Business Organization/Sale/Purchase of Business 20%
- Criminal Law 10%
- Civil Law/Litigation 10%
- General Practice 10%
- Pro Bono Recognition, Volunteer Lawyers of Minnesota, 2017
Classes and Seminars
Criminal Law and Procedure, Central Lakes College, 1991 - 2004
- Police Administration, MN Board of Peace Officer Standards, 1988 - 1995
Pro Bono Activities
- Volunteer Attorney Program, 2005 - Present
- Shaggerty, LLC
- Bear Holdings 1616, LLC
- Saehr Backhoe & Gravel, Inc.
- Fouquette Real Estate, Inc.
- Lee Maguire
- Mike Becker
- John Lovdahl
- Christine Orth
Accepts Credit Cards
510 Maple St. Brainerd, MN 56401
Monday to Friday 8:30AM - 5:00PM
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our West Legal Directory disclaimers. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.