Enter legal issue and location
Charleston Business and Real Estate Litigation Lawyer
About Christy Ford Allen
- Business and Real Estate Litigation
- Insurance Coverage and Bad Faith Litigation
- Probate and Estate Litigation
- Non-Routine and Complex Litigation
- Professional Negligence
- General Business “Outside-Inside Counsel”
- South Carolina, 1998
- U.S. District Court District of South Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- American Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar Association (Judicial Qualifications Committee 2018-2019)
- Charleston County Bar Association (Ex. Committee, Secretary/Treasurer 2019-2020)
- Federal Bar Association, SC Chapter, Past President, 2010
- South Carolina Women Lawyer’s Association
- James L. Petigru American Inn of Court
Pro Bono Activities
- Lowcountry Local First, Executive Board, 2015-2017
- MUSC Children’s Hospital, Patient Family Advisory Board, Member
- JDRF Advocate
- The Hon. P. Michael Duffy, USDCSC, Law Clerk, 1998 - 2000
- University of South Carolina School of Law, Columbia, South Carolina, 1998
Honors: cum laude
- Clemson University, 1995
Honors: magna cum laude
Accepts Credit Cards
- Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress in South Carolina Damages, 2nd ed., SC Bar, 2009
97 Broad Street Charleston, SC 29401
Other Sources of Feedback About Christy Ford Allen
Included on the 2023 South Carolina list
- 2022 South Carolina Super Lawyers list
- 2021 South Carolina Super Lawyers list
- 2020 South Carolina Super Lawyers list
- 2019 South Carolina Super Lawyers list
- 2018 South Carolina Super Lawyers list
- 2017 South Carolina Super Lawyers list
- 2016 South Carolina Super Lawyers list
- 2015 South Carolina Super Lawyers list
- 2014 South Carolina Super Lawyers list
- 2013 South Carolina Super Lawyers list
- 2012 South Carolina Super Lawyers list
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Rated
- South Carolina Super Lawyers, Business Litigation
- Selected to Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2022
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.