Enter legal issue and location
Chicago Family Law Firm
Yavitz & Levey, LLP, represents residents throughout the North Shore of Illinois and in communities such as Chicago, Lake Forest, Highland Park, Northbrook, Glencoe, Glenview, Buffalo Grove, Wilmette, Winnetka, Kenilworth, Evanston, Hoffman Estates, Wheeling, Lincolnwood, Orland Park, Niles, River Forest, Oak Park, Mundelein, Long Grove, Arlington Heights, Schaumburg, Palatine, Barrington, Des Plaines, Palos Park, Oak Lawn, Kildeer, Mount Prospect, Park Ridge, Lake Zurich, Hawthorne Woods, Skokie, Morton Grove, Deerfield, River Woods, Mettawa, Vernon Hills, Libertyville, Waukegan, Gurnee, Oak Brook, Hinsdale, Lake County, Cook County, DuPage County, Will County and McHenry County.
About Yavitz & Levey, LLP
Frequent Case Types
- Family Law 100%
- Both David B. Yavitz and Ross S. Levey have been selected to Leading Lawyers of Illinois
- Both David B. Yavitz and Ross S. Levey have been selected to Super Lawyers
- Marital Property Valuation, ISBA Family Law Handbook, 2011
- Interest on Past-Due Maintenance, Illinois Bar Journal, Vol 94., 2006
Classes and Seminars
- Drafting Marital Settlement Agreements, Illinois Institue of Continuing Legal Ed, 1988
- Prenuptial Agreements, ISBA Law Ed Seminar, 2009
Pro Bono Activities
- Cook County Certified Child's Respresentitive
- Venwell Advisors
- Stout Risius Ross
- Linda Forman CPA
- Whitness & Co
Accepts Credit Cards
20 South Clark StreetSuite 1800 Chicago, IL 60603
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.