Enter legal issue and location
Twain Harte Agricultural Law Lawyer
About Matthew R. Nutting
Current Employment Position(s)
- Senior Counsel
Year Joined Firm
- Agricultural Law
- Banking & Finance
- Business Transactions
- Environmental Law
- Estate Planning, Probate & Tax
- Real Estate
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. Tax Court
- Fresno County Bar Association (Member)
- California Bar Association (Member)
- National Crowdfunding Association (Founding Member, Member of Board of Directors, Director of National Legal Affairs; Regulatory Committee Member, Member of Standards and Certifications Committee), 2011 - 2014
Pro Bono Activities
- Habitat For Humanity, Board Member, 2007 - 2009
- Fresno First Bank, Board Ambassador, 2006 - 2008
- Tuolumne County, Planning Commissioner, 2019 - Present
- Tuolumne County, Agricultural Commissioner, 2019 - Present
- Real Estate Practice Group, Director, 2017 - Present
- Nutting & Jorgensen, LLP, Principal
- McCormick, Barstow, Sheppard, Wayte & Carruth, LLP
- McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific, Sacramento, California, 2000
Honors: With Distinction
Honors: Traynor Honor Society
Major: Business & Tax Emphasis
Law Review: California Initiative Review, Editor, 1999 - 2000
- University of the Pacific
Honors: Dean's List
Honors: Senator, Student Government, 1995
Honors: Student Representative for Professor Hiring & Recruiting, School of Business, 1994 - 1995
Honors: Editing Committee for Publication Articles, School of Business, 1994 - 1995
Major: Business Administration
- University of Denver
Master of Science
Honors: With High Honors
Major: Real Estate
Major: Construction Management
- Golden Gate University, San Francisco
Fraternities and Sororities
- Delta Sigma Pi
Accepts Credit Cards
- Freedman, David, Matthew Nutting, Equity Crowdfunding for Investors: A Guide to Risks, Returns, Regulations, Funding Portals, Due Diligence, and Deal Terms, Wiley, June, 2015
- “Limited Liability Company Basics for Crowdfunding Investors”, December, 2015
- “SEC Equity Crowdfunding Rules for Issuers of Securities”, December, 2015
- “Title III Crowdfunding Deal Flow”, November, 2015
- “SEC Implements Title III Equity Crowdfunding”, October, 2015
- “The Pioneers of Title III Equity Crowdfunding”, October, 2015
- “Social Benefits Outweigh Financial Motives for Many Angel Investors”, August, 2015
- “3 Categories of Startup Growth Potential”, August, 2015
- “Wisdom of the New Crowd”, July, 2015
- “The Growth of Equity Crowdfunding”, The Value Examiner, July/August, 2015
22902 Twain Harte DriveSuite D Twain Harte, CA 95383
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.