Enter legal issue and location
Akron Business Law Lawyer
About Steven R. Hobson II
Current Employment Position(s)
- Business Law
- Business Litigation
- Commercial Leasing
- Commercial Real Estate
- Construction Law
- Deceptive Trade Practices
- Eminent Domain
- Employment Contracts -- Employee
- Employment Contracts -- Employer
- Formation & Business Planning
- Land Use & Zoning
- Landlord / Tenant
- Limited Liability Companies
- Mortgages & Foreclosures
- Probate Litigation
- Real Estate
- Residential Real Estate
- Shareholder's Rights
- State Appellate Practice
- State Trial Practice
- Trade Secrets
- Unfair Competition
- Uniform Commercial Code
- Wrongful Termination
- Ohio, 1998
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio, 1999
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio, 1999
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 2002
- Akron Bar Association (Member; Scholarship Cmt Chair; Property Law Cmt., Vice-Chair)
- Ohio State Bar Association (Member)
- Christian Legal Society (Member)
- Hon. Donna J. Carr, Law Clerk, 1996 - 1997
- University of Akron School of Law, Akron, Ohio, 1997
Honors: magna cum laude
Law Review: Akron Law Review, Research Case and Comment Editor, 1995 - 1997
- Kent State University, Kent, Ohio
Honors: magna cum laude
Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
Fraternities and Sororities
- Phi Beta Kappa
Accepts Credit Cards
- Preventing Franchise Flight: Could Cleveland Have Kept the Browns by Exercising its Eminent Domain Power?, 29 Akron Law Rev. 665, 1996
388 South Main StreetSuite 402 Akron, OH 44311
Other Sources of Feedback About Steven R. Hobson II
Included on the 2024 Ohio list
- 2010 Ohio Super Lawyers list
When viewing a listing, consider the state advertising restrictions to which lawyers and law firms must adhere, as well as our FindLaw.com Legal Directory disclaimer. Some lawyers publish comparative information regarding the services that they provide which may be subject to specific comparative communications restrictions.
Write Your Review
Fields marked with an * are required
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information? Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - How are the lawyer's fees structured - hourly or flat fee? Can the lawyer estimate the cost of your case?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
It is always a good idea to research your lawyer prior to hiring. Every state has a disciplinary organization that monitors attorneys, their licenses, and consumer complaints. By researching lawyer discipline you can:
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.
- Determine the seriousness of complaints/issues which could range from late bar fees to more serious issues requiring disciplinary action.