West Des Moines Medical Malpractice Law Firm
If you have suffered a personal injury or the death of a family member due to the carelessness of another, you understand the value of personal responsibility. You want fair compensation for the damages you have suffered but above all you seek accountability. Unfortunately, in today's world, the assistance of an experienced law firm is often necessary to achieve these goals.Hixson & Brown, P.C., was founded for the purpose of assisting injured people and their families in their pursuit of justice. Our lawyers have more than 70 years of experience litigating personal injury claims and medical malpractice claims throughout the state of Iowa. We litigate these claims in both state and federal courts as necessary to obtain a positive outcome for our clients.
How do I choose a lawyer?
Consider the following:
- Comfort Level
- - How long has the lawyer been in practice? Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- - Is the lawyer's office conveniently located?
Not sure what questions to ask a lawyer?
Here are a few to get you started:
- How long have you been in practice?
- How many cases like mine have you handled?
- How often do you settle cases out of court?
- What are your fees and costs?
- What are the next steps?
Want to check lawyer discipline?
- Ensure the attorney is currently licensed to practice in your state
- Gain an understanding of his or her historical disciplinary record, if any.